Agile Project Manager
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
An Agile Project Manager understands that communication is key to success. In this role, you will manage and provide direction for internal project teams, while acting as the client or Product Owner’s advocate to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are achieved.
- Proactively problem solve with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Possess deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies and are comfortable leading an Agile transformation for an organization.
- Speak technically and in layman’s terms while overseeing discovery, design, and development of Agile software projects.
- Develop and track schedules with project milestones and take all actions necessary to keep projects on track.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and ensuring processes are followed and Bixal quality standards are met.
- Participate in the process of understanding client’s goals and objectives and identifying and understanding key audiences.
- Manage sprint ceremonies and ensure all members are on board with their workload and have clear direction on tasks.
- Monitor team performance, including time tracking and budget.
- Feel confident curating and presenting reports in front of Product Owners, client stakeholders, or Bixal senior management as requested.
- Prepare monthly internal project reports for Bixal’s PMO.
- Support the production of additional documentation if needed, including project management plans, monthly reports, project schedules, risk logs, requirements specification, budgets and standard project communications.
- Experience with Federal regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures is beneficial; otherwise you should be open to learning them quickly.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant project or account management experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with proven track record interfacing with partners, clients, and other stakeholders is required.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is required.
- Proven skills using MS Office is required.
- Previous experience in the oversight and/or design and development of web sites is preferred.
- Experience managing federal government contracts is preferred.
- Experience implementing user-centric design and development processes is preferred.
- Experience with Drupal8 and JIRA is preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred.
- Certified PMP is preferred.
- Willingness to work at corporate headquarters and at Client site (in DC) with partial remote option.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.