Chief of Party
Bixal is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) Activity. The purpose of this five-year contract is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID's development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders.
The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. This position is contingent upon award. Peruvian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Manage the office, including supervision of Peru-based expatriate and local Peruvian staff.
- Collaborate with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Conduct performance management activities in coordination with USAID partner organizations in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other contractors on policies and services provided by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation, and reporting of USAID performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Peru, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design.
- Prior experience working as a COP on large complex USAID-funded MEL projects is required.
- At least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
- Strong background in project management, organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Must possess experience managing similar multi-faceted projects in the past.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in Peru and/or the region is required
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
Education: Master’s in management, organizational development, international development, social science, economics or a related field required.
Travel: This position is based in Lima, Peru and will require travel throughout Peru.