Bixal is a fast-growing digital communications, design, and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are seeking a visionary and passionate Content Strategist to join our dynamic team of change-makers. We’re working tirelessly to improve peoples’ lives through the work we do for our clients. In this role, you will lead the overall content strategy efforts for websites with high traffic and visibility.
You are an ideal fit if you:
- Have a background in developing content solutions that deliver the right content to the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Have an innate ability to craft, curate, and organize information to achieve communication and marketing objectives.
What will you do?
- Develop, execute, and coordinate content strategies for Bixal and our clients.
- Work closely with the client’s Product Owner using an Agile methodology.
- Oversee and approve all content prior to publication and submission to client.
- Help plan, lead, and implement a variety of digital projects; including websites, intranet sites, custom, proprietary and open source applications, videos, digital content strategies, social media strategies and online advertising solutions.
- Understand client needs and advocate on behalf of clients to ensure project success.
- Analyze large collections of content via content audits, card sorts, content inventories, content quality assessments, and provide input/direction on content organization and presentation.
- Create wireframes, sketches, sitemaps and other artifacts to explain information structures and how they apply to the design challenge.
- Partner with other team members, including UXers, visual designers, and developers to optimize the content elements based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business metrics.
What do you need?
- 5+ years professional experience with content strategy.
- Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science).
- Experience developing content solutions for large websites or applications.
- Understanding of holistic user-centered design processes, and how content strategy fits in and elevates the work.
- Experience implementing content strategies as part of cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience in writing, revising content, sourcing and aggregating content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using data and analytics to support strategy
- Ability to interface with all levels of management