Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We're fueled by an intense desire to transform the lives of people through meaningful communications and technology.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Data Architect to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models. For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and services, is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with business intelligence and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g., Tableau, R). Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure client information is integrated, centralized and stored effectively and securely.
- Support Extract, Load, Transform (ETL) processes
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve client information
- Install and configure information systems
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Provide operational support for information architecture
- Coordinate with our data science team to identify future needs and requirements
- Bring a combination of curiosity, collaboration and creativity to your work
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Analyst or similar role
- Minimum of 2+ years working with AWS products and services
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident for 5+ years
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance
- Experience working as a member of distributed data architecture teams
- In-depth understanding of database structures and principles enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms and ETL tools
- Experience with data modeling tools (e.g Erwin Data Modeler, or similar)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodology and concepts
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies and systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures with federal clients
- Understanding of National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards and interfaces
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.