Bixal is looking for an experienced Drupal Developer to join our team as we develop best practice Drupal-based websites and applications to support our federal clients' goals and positively impact the lives of people in the U.S. and in developing countries.
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining responsive websites using web development tools.
- Interacts with team to gather, define, and analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy business needs.
- Creates efficient/logical databases.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Design, test and integrate system and enterprise software and multi-tier systems architectures.
- Assist in the configuration of web server settings.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in web design and development including mobile and responsive design.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support. Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations. Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience with Content Management System design, build and integration.
- Strong proficiencies in developing/implementing content in Drupal 7 core modules, contributed modules, custom modules, views, panels, blocks, etc.
- Experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. Experience and knowledge in other content management systems, e.g., Percussion.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS. Experience with Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience working with various Operating Systems – Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility; may work with development tools that aid in this process.