Instructional Designer eLearning Developer
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
- Serve on a collaborative training and learning development team in a fast-paced environment
- Provide subject matter expertise around instructional systems design and learner-centered design
- Collaborate with internal teams and client stakeholders to design, develop and implement projects
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and ensuring quality standards
- Conduct discovery and gap analysis, write storyboards and/or repurpose learning content for different types of learning outputs, including traditional eLearning, micro-learning, job-aids, and other performance support tools
- Facilitate and participate in both requirements gathering and testing activities to ensure learner-acceptance and quality delivery
- Assist in registration, communications and logistics for hosted trainings, assess training performance, collect training survey data, and provide training reports
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience in the field of instructional design
- Significant experience using Captivate 9, or other eLearning authoring tools
- Employment contingent on successfully passing a Public Trust Federal background investigation
- Applicants located in the Washington, DC area preferred.
- Willingness to work onsite in Washington, DC
- A portfolio of writing samples or samples of courses you have designed
- Proactive problem solver with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Motivated to participate in a client-facing, collaborative team environment, resulting in services that delight customers
- Experienced in the design and development of formal and informal learning experiences including traditional eLearning, micro-learning, job-aids, and performance support tools
- Previous experience as an instructional designer
- Experience implementing user-centric design, and demonstrated empathy for learners
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated oral communications skills
- Excellent written communications skills to develop content for different types of learning outputs,
- Understanding of key federal government requirements including SCORM, and Section 508
- Experience building responsive eLearning
- Creative, with experience using the Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design tools
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.