Instructional Designer / Trainer
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
- Facilitate and/or deliver interactive and engaging face-to-face and virtual training, as well as provide technical support
- Serve on a collaborative training and learning development team in a fast-paced environment
- Provide subject matter expertise around instructional systems design, UX design and graphic design for training
- Collaborate with internal teams and client stakeholders to design, develop and implement projects
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and ensuring quality standards
- Organize, develop and maintain training procedure manuals, user guides, course materials, job-aids, and other performance support tools
- Assist in registration, communications and logistics for hosted trainings, assess training performance, collect training survey data, and provide training reports
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the field of instructional design
- Significant experience conducting effective, engaging face-to-face and virtual instruction
- Creative, with experience using the Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design tools
- Experience with VideoScribe and Captivate is a plus
- Experience in UX design including research and prototyping
- Employment is contingent on the ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance
- Willingness to work onsite in Washington, DC with partial remote work option
- Proactive problem solver with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Motivated to participate in a client-facing, collaborative team environment, resulting in services that delight customers
- Experienced in the design and development of formal and informal learning experiences including traditional eLearning, micro-learning, job-aids, and performance support tools
- Previous experience as an instructional designer especially for federal government contracts
- Experience implementing user-centric design, and demonstrated empathy for learners
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated oral communications skills
- Excellent written communications skills to develop content for different types of learning outputs
- Understanding of key federal government requirements including the Plain Language Act, and Section 508
- Experience in supporting grants management systems
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.