Interactive Art Director / UI Designer
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
The Interactive Art Director will be responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic and on-strategy creative for all aspects of Bixal’s brand presence. The Interactive Art Director reports to the Creative Director, and will work closely with the User Experience Designers, Content Writers, Developers and Project Managers. The right person will be primarily an Art Director with strong Front-End Developer skills, understanding UI Design and Development.
- Producing the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Translating offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Working with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Working with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Working with the VP of UX and Design, and the Creative Director to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Managing and producing digital design work.
- Translating wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces.
- Ensuring consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Providing design support to other business lines to create product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Functioning as liaison for technical understanding between client, software team, and Creative teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5+ years of design experience, preferably from an agency.
- A strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Knowledge of the Web Design process, front end development and UX/UI skills.
- Working knowledge of Drupal and HTML skills are a plus.
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective presentation skills and experience presenting to senior level management and stakeholders
- Ability to undergo and pass a public trust clearance
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies, please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.