Jr/Mid Level Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
As a member of our growing software team, you will support the full SDLC for the development of DevOps, Cloud, and Big Data tasks. You will work collaboratively with the team to recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environments and knowledge of various on-premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources.
- Create and help support developers build pipelines using common task runners like Gitlab, Bitbucket Pipelines, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc.
- Create and support container images for web applications.
- Automate container image scanning from various CVE and IAVA exploit lists.
- Implement production and testing infrastructure utilizing infrastructure as code.
- Ensure images follow best security practices and will pass various federal, PCI, and FEDRamp compliance (STIG and Authority to operate).
- Create appropriate container runtime systems to support our Team’s development of various federal datacenters (container orchestration).
- Support low configuration environments such as platform.sh
- Support and improve legacy, VM based, pipelines and deployments.
- Operate in a fast-paced Agile environment
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- <1 year to 5+ years’ experience
- Working knowledge of Centos, Debian, Unbuntu, and RHEL
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Understanding of various task runner implementations
- Experience with Dockerfile writing and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Container orchestration.
- Experience and understanding of Linux
- Working knowledge of, or experience with STIG (Standard Technical Implementation Guide) is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn STIG if no prior experience.
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust Security Clearance
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.