Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist
Bixal is seeking a Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) Activity. The purpose of this five-year contract is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID's development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders.
What will you do?
The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist will serve as the lead person for developing the KM strategy and coordinate with the rest of the MELS team and other key stakeholders the implementation of such a strategy. In addition, the Specialist will serve as the lead person to facilitate the communications of MELS progress and results to external audiences, including USAID/Perú, and local stakeholders. This position is contingent upon award. Peruvian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Develops a learning plan to support USAID/Perú use evidence to improve sustainability of results
- Leads a KM assessment of USAID/Perú to understand their KM needs within the Mission and IPs for collecting, storing, and accessing reliable and timely programmatic, operational, and tacit information
- In close coordination with the CLA Advisor, co-leads the development of learning and knowledge transfer agenda in collaboration with USAID and IPs
- Explores, develops, and promotes collaborative tools, including Communities of Practice (CoPs) and peer assists, to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among USAID/Perú and IPs
- Creates the project's co-branding strategy adhering to the USAID Graphics Standards Manual. Ensures compliance with USAID's communications and public affairs regulations
- Produces, edits and translates outreach material, institutional documentation, and USAID reports
- Develops and writes clear and concise fact sheets, blogs, case studies, success stories, reports and publications for the project and USAID
- Works closely with the Sr. M&E Advisor and evaluation team members to create standardized tools and templates and publishes them on the CoP website for ease of access.
- Responsible for organizing events under the MELS Activity, including workshops, conferences, etc.
- Manages Help Desk
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need?
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Resident or citizen of Perú desired
- Must have knowledge of international best practices in project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Prior experience working with USAID/Perú or related activities is preferred.
- Previous experience working in Perú as well as additional Latin American countries is preferred.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.