Meeting Planner Part-Time
Bixal is a fast-growing digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are looking for a visionary and passionate Meeting Planner to join our dynamic team of change makers. We are working tirelessly to drive real change and improve people’s lives through the work we do for our clients.
What will you do?
The Meeting Planner is responsible for the successful execution of meeting and conference logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management and post event. The Meeting Planner will manage assigned projects, adhere to budgets, timelines, processes and procedures. The Meeting Planner is responsible for internal and external relations and providing updates based on changing needs.
- Plan and coordinate all meetings
- Coordinate logistics and participants’ travel and reimbursement for meetings
- Provide on-site logistical support and carry out follow-up responsibilities
- Work with Designated Federal Official and Senior Program Specialist, as needed, to complete all work
- Site selection including hotel and/or venue, including the RFP process and contract negotiation
- Vendor RFP process and contract management as necessary
- Transportation vendor management as necessary
- Materials fulfillment, handling and shipping
- Event marketing communications as necessary
- Housing & Travel management including serving as liaison with contracted travel agency
- Create and manage program budgets
- Key liaison with clients and meeting participants
- Troubleshooting for all meeting service needs
- Management of Post event evaluations & surveys
- Management of Internal/external debrief meetings
- Develop and grow relationships with meeting service vendors such as hoteliers, suppliers (PC nametag), DMCs, etc.
- Responsible for working with Principals and Senior Leaders on internal meetings as needed
- This role will be part-time and will scale as needed for upcoming meetings.
What will you need?
- 5+ years (or specific demonstrated quality work performance) in program support and meeting management
- Strong oral and written communications skills with proven track record interfacing with partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills for use in coordinating logistics, scheduling, travel, and reimbursement for large number of high-level meetings for between 8 and 100 people
- Proven skills in hotel negotiations, meeting space planning, and speaker preparation
- Experience preparing briefing materials, including assembly, collation and distribution of materials
- Proven skills in use of MS Office (MS Word, Access, Excel, or other spreadsheet and database application) for report preparation, data collection, and development/maintenance of tracking systems
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to include managing concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Familiarity with teleconferencing and webinar technologies and conference recording
- High degree of professionalism, self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of directly relevant experience
- Excellent references
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust security clearance, or ability to receive Public Trust security clearance
- Some travel required (about 5%)
- Experience working with federal government agencies
- Background in criminal juvenile justice preferred
- Familiarity with web tools and social media
- CGMP certification
- General knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations (FTR)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to think quickly in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines