Operations and Finance Coordinator
Bixal is seeking an Operations and Finance Coordinator for the anticipated USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) Activity.
The purpose of this five-year contract is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID's development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders.
What will you do?
The Operations and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for all finance and operational processes regarding the Peru MELS activity. This is a full-time position and it is contingent upon award. Peruvian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Develop a strategic vision and plan for the finance and operations functions within the project. Manage and implement finance and operations plan in compliance with all applicable Bixal policies, USDA policies, and local laws.
- Apply broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to lead country operations, finance and accounting, human resource management, procurement and purchasing.
- Monitor applicable federal regulations for changes and updates.
- Document and collect financial and management best practices, oversee cash flow, including fund transform from Bixal office and local currency exchanges.
- Lead discussions, together with the Project Director/COP regarding financial, administration and operations aspects of the project.
- Identify and establish contract-compliant project policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure effective training for project staff on project policies, systems and procedures.
- Establish the project’s Management and Financial Information System with support from the project’s IT support.
- Establish quality assurance procedures for the review of invoices.
- Ensure effective monitoring of project work plans, timelines, and task order logistics.
- Oversee the project’s submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Lead the development and routine creation of precise, detailed financial reports during project start up, implementation and close out.
- Monitor financial performance and progress towards objectives.
- Establish and maintain project risk assessment processes
- Ensure that the project is in compliance with USAID branding and marking requirements, and environmental compliance
- Prepares invoices and credit memos in a timely and accurate manner.
- Researches and resolves general inquires and billing issues.
- Tracks and monitors time and material project information and budgets within the project accounting system.
- Completes month-end related activities.
- Monitors outstanding payment and collections issues.
- Prepares, scans, copies and distributes reports, documents, and forms as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Resident or citizen of Perú desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, plus 4 years of experience
- Must have knowledge of international best practices in project design, implementation, evaluation and learning.
- 4 years of experience in finance analytics with focus on building forecasts.
- 4 years of experience overseeing external audits while managing internal controls and documentation.
- Must have CPA certification or foreign equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Prior experience working with USAID/Perú or related activities is preferred.
- Previous experience working in Perú as well as additional Latin American countries is preferred.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.