Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
The Project Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks to support members of the team. This full time, salaried role requires a highly energetic and organized individual with strong attention to detail, perceptive sense of urgency and ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate should have excellent spoken and written communication skills because you will be client facing. You should also be efficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Provide high level administrative, event, and executive secretarial support as required.
- Examples of required services include:
- Assisting in the preparation, assembly, collation and distribution of materials needed for meetings and conferences
- Assisting with on-site meeting support
- Scheduling conference calls and meetings
- Assisting with data collection, collation and input activities
- Development and maintenance of tracking and reporting systems, and public records
- Assisting with other misc. administrative duties
- Interpret and adapt guidelines, including policies, precedents, and practices.
- Prepare short and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, using relevant information, documents, or correspondence.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 yrs training and relevant work experience in office management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience working with federal government agencies is preferred
- Ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Experience taking meeting minutes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to make documents 508 compliant
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.