Bixal, a fast-growing digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA, seeks a visionary and passionate Project Director to join our dynamic team. We drive real change and improve people’s lives through the work we do for our clients.
What will you do?
In this role, you will lead a team of early childhood, health communication, social media specialists, engineers, and data analysts in support of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The Project Director works directly with the client to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget; coordinates cross-functionally within Bixal and with Stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project are compatible. The Project Director will develop and implement the plans/timelines for tasks; seek approvals and update plans accordingly. You will need to stay abreast of all subject areas and activities affecting the performance of the Client. The Project Director will also work with Bixal to hire new talent to fulfill client needs if necessary.
You are an ideal fit if you:
- Have a background working with early childhood and high-risk populations.
- Can manage and lead the project team using Agile concepts
- Promote knowledge sharing through Bixal’s operational business processes and systems
- Have experience reviewing and evaluating program and service delivery and executing changes in operations to ensure maximum effective service provision to the Client.
- Utilize best practices/methodologies to reach and work with at-risk populations; specifically as it relates to early childhood education/intervention.
- Can improve integration by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information within the Client’s systems to facilitate the seamless exchange of information
- Provide effective leadership, direction and communication to contractors, vendors and occasional consultants
- Obtain and use the appropriate resources to complete the project work
- Manage, monitor, and adjust financial resources accordingly without exceeding pre-determined budget
- Manage the project risks through a risk-planning process for which you are ultimately responsible
- Incorporate approved contract changes into the project scope and communicate effectively and timely with the team/stakeholders
- Communicate with the national centers’ representatives and other appropriate stakeholders at the appropriate times
- Can perform additional responsibilities as required
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, healthcare, project management, or related field
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in project management, government contracting, government operations, or executive/enterprise management
- 3+ years of working experience in early childhood and/or healthcare
- Experience working with senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Confidence conducting meetings and effective relaying information to the team in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred
- Proven history of managing budgets and resources successfully
- Demonstrated history of successful leadership and team building
- Experience and working knowledge of Agile Methodologies; ability to pivot quickly and maintain excitement
- Global perspective of government environment and technology