Public Health Project Manager
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We're fueled by an intense desire to transform the lives of people through meaningful communications and technology.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more.
What will you do?
This position will report to the Project Director. The position will manage and oversee the implementation of a national web-based learning platform and library of relevant domestic, international, public, and private sector patient safety best practices, tools, resources, and training materials for health care providers, policymakers, patients, and educators.
- Manage complex, large-scale projects in the public health/medical sector
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders quickly and effectively
- Solve problems quickly; always with the end-goal and big picture in mind
- Stay abreast of patient safety best practices and current news domestically and internationally
- Value patient safety and remain committed to continued professional development in order to further advance patient safety
- Maintain and build significant industry networking connections and partnerships to enhance and expand the content available for the project
- Other duties as assigned
What do you need?
- Minimum of 5 to 7+ years of experience in project management in a health-related field
- Minimum of a master’s degree public health, health administration, business administration, marketing, or related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Advanced knowledge of web-based learning and databases is preferred
- Acute attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Comfortable leading meetings and speaking in front of a group, clients, and stakeholders
- Professional ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work in an Agile and collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.