Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
As a member of our growing software team, you will take an active part in the ownership of the quality of software products. You will assist with the design, architecture, and implementation of automated and manual solutions for testing software and maintaining quality assurance.
- Participate and help guide product creation using a requirement and test-driven design approach.
- Create test plans and test matrices.
- Operate in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Define and refine user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Write behavior driven test plans and help developers increase test coverage.
- Execute test cases based on specifications for new designs and change requests (defects, enhancements, new features functionality).
- Create, maintain, and execute automated functional and regression testing, stress and load testing of Web site and applications.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Own problems in the Web sites and applications and assist in resolving problems.
- Communicate with team members effectively and quickly to resolve issues, ensuring the best possible product for the Client.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2+ years experience creating and implementing test plans in the Dupal CMS Framework.
- Experience defining user stories and translating them to Gherkins for testing.
- Experience with various automated testing framework. Not limited to Selenium, Backstop, Behat, BlazeMeter, etc.
- Comfort, with developer assistance, running automated testing using the command line interface. (Reach goal)
- Experience creating or altering tests being run in a test runner such as TravisCI, CircleCI, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Jenkins, etc. (Reach)
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust Security clearance.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.