Bixal is looking for a highly technical Solutions Architect to join our talented team of designers and engineers. Bixal helps government agencies, companies, and nonprofit organizations transform their digital platforms to better support their missions and key audiences. Bixal is fueled by an intense desire to transform people’s lives through meaningful communications and technology, and we are looking for a candidate that is inspired by this mission. The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator with a deep understanding of technology.
- A design thinker. Ensure that everything Bixal does has a real purpose behind and that it responds to users’ needs and preferences.
- A trend spotter. Responsible for building networks of people, organizations, technologies, and ideas to ensure Bixal is constantly evolving and finding opportunities to make a difference, grow and lead.
- A big picture thinker. Ability to think strategically and creatively, this visionary will need experience identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- A spokesperson. Ability to show sensitivity and to establish respect, credibility and trust in government and non-government settings and with a reputation for opening doors.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 5+ years in a client engagement position
- 7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Experience supporting business development efforts
- Experience using Agile development methodologies and DevOps principles
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience developing technical roadmaps for future implementations
- Experience developing new systems and expanding existing systems, throughout the entire application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Understanding of federal government security and compliance requirements