Bixal, a fast-growing digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA, seeks a visionary and passionate Data Scientist to join our dynamic team of data analysts, engineers, designers, marketing and digital strategists that is driving real change and improving people’s lives through the work we do for our clients. In this role, you will lead the analysis and the data warehousing efforts in support of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The HHS project includes the expansion and management of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW), a system used for reporting and data analysis that is the foundation of business intelligence of HHS’ Digital Communication Office (DCD). The system serves as the central repository of integrated data from 13 disparate sources.
What will you do?
You will work in an Agile, collaborative environment to bring analytical knowledge and methodologies to predict behaviors and identify new patterns and opportunities to solve challenging problems. The Data Scientist will influence the creation of analytics solutions to allow HHS to make data-driven decisions. The person in this role will be a flexible problem solver with significant technical experience analyzing and modeling data.
You are an ideal fit if you can:
- Perform data trend analysis and mining, with the ability to harvest, clean and model data from numerous disparate sources.
- Build data visualization tools and digital score cards.
- Utilize market-leading data visualization software, particularly in regard to developing dashboards and visual reports using digital analytics data.
- Support programs like Extract, Load, Transform (ETL), data modeling, star schemas and more.
- Operate Tableau, and/or other SAAS built in dashboards, and the ability to advise the development and implementation of an interactive digital score card.
- Analyze digital data and generate interactive reporting.
- Proficiently work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and services, which may include: Dynamo DB, RedShift, Ruby, Amazon S3, and SQL.
- Use data to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Communicate the outcomes of analyses to other team members and stakeholders frequently and professionally.
What do you need?
- Minimum of 5+ years working within large volume relational data sets, including data analysis, design and transformation.
- Minimum of 2+ years working with AWS products and services.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Programming, Data Science or related technical or quantitative field (i.e. data science or mathematics/statistics).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, Macro's, V Lookups, queries, advanced written formulas), R, ggplot2, MatLab, and pyplot.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a group, with clients, and working with stakeholders.
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.