Technical Program Manager
Who are we?
Bixal is a digital communications, design and technology firm based in Fairfax, VA. We are inspired by the promise and potential of the world that surrounds us. Our diverse and global perspectives enable us to address complex challenges with equally diverse and creative solutions.
Bixal is growing. We are cultivating top talent in a multitude of fields including digital strategists, design thinkers, developers, data scientists and more. At Bixal, we are focused on using our skills and energies to create positive meaning and transformation in peoples’ lives.
What will you do?
Provide direction and strategic oversight to Project Managers and project teams, encourage the delivery of iterative value through an Agile mindset, and identify areas in which Bixal can expand its presence within current programs.
You are an ideal fit it you:
- Proactively support Project Managers and Agile software development teams to achieve client’s goals and objectives while meeting quality standards and following Bixal PMO processes.
- Can solve problems and help Project Managers iteratively adapt by planning for and embracing change.
- Are accustomed to managing multiple related projects with intersecting goals, requirements, and outcomes.
- Have experience managing IT projects, including web content management systems.
- Can communicate functional capabilities of websites and applications in layman’s terms.
- Feel confident frequently interfacing with Product Owners, Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives, and other client stakeholders as needed.
- Identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Can confidently present and/or report on program status to Bixal senior management on a monthly basis.
- Possess deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies and are comfortable leading an Agile transformation at scale.
- Have directly managed people.
- Are familiar with Federal procurement processes and contracts, including FAR regulations.
- Have experience with Federal guidelines, policies, and procedures, including Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
What do you need?
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS) like Drupal
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is required
- Expert skills using MS Office
- Certified PMP
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred.
- Willingness to work at Headquarters in Fairfax and at Client sites (in DC) with partial remote option.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.